The Listening Lab
How to cultivate powerful relationships
It's hard to pay attention. The average person spends nearly half their time ‘mind wandering’, doing one thing but thinking about something else.
The American Advertising Association estimates that consumers receive 3000 marketing messages per day. Neurologists studying this phenomenon have found people are overwhelmed, easily distracted and ‘shutting down’. In this noisy and fast-paced world, the ability to listen with focus and clarity has become the must-have skill.
This half day workshop will:
- Give you a powerful tool for making strong and lasting relationships
- Show why great leaders are also great listeners
- Highlight the differences between bad listeners, good listeners, and great listeners
- Demonstrate how enhanced listening boosts comprehension and decision-making
Participants will gain the following:
• Identify their own listening habits, traps, and strengths
• Learn practical techniques for boosting their listening skills
• Experience different conversation styles and understand their use
• Understand how to use questions, suggestions, feedback and silence at the right time and in the right way
• Practical ways to stay focused and clear-minded in the face of distractions
The forum will begin with an overview of the Commonwealth's R&D Tax Incentive scheme that supports companies undertaking R&D, and other grants that support science and new product development eg. Innovation Connections program.
The next workshop will be delivered by Susan Pearse and is being held on Tuesday 1 August 2017 in Mildura, Victoria. This program is sponsored by the Commonwealth government and is free to participants, but places are limited so you must make a booking. Details and links for booking will be released shortly.
We are excited to offer you this creative and fun forum, and look forward to your participation.